Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire: The Requiem RPG PBP based in Central Florida.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Re-opening night in downtown Orlando

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skarecrow36

Re-opening night in downtown Orlando Empty
PostSubject: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Melissa showed up at the re-opening about an hour after the doors open in hopes of avoiding a line. It still baffled her how despite searching the internet she had no more information on what happened that night. She couldn't even find any personal accounts from anyone claiming they were there. Normally such events wouldn't interest her, but due to the magnificent cover up job that the powers that be were doing, she couldn't help but be fascinated by it.

She wasn't used to the loud noise that filled the club, nor was she used to the bump and grind dancing that people were doing on the dance floor. Deciding to avoid getting hit on by anyone, Melissa headed straight for the bar and sat at the end waiting for the bartender to finish serving another couple. She hoped that by being perhaps the only woman dressed in dress pants and a suit jacket, it would be enough to ward off the playboy types but to stand out enough to catch the attention of any undead types.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Raven had slipped into the bar as soon as he was able to move through the city. The Prince had told him to keep an eye on the place, they hadn't found out anything and it had cost a pretty penny to keep some stuff from the Press as it was. He had been sitting up on the loft when he flet the lesser beast walk into the club. She was new he hadn't felt her before she was weaker then him and the sudden flash of hurling himself off the balcony and at her, ripping her to shreds just for the fun slipped away as he caged his beast. He waited for one of the few and sparse wait staff to come by and pointed her out and whispered into her ear. He watched as the waitress went to the upstairs bar and then walked down to the women in the suit.

~~NARRATION~~

"Excuse me but the man up thier..."

She turns and points to the massive form of Raven sitting up on the balcony...

"Got you this drink"

Melissa can smell the faint smell of blood coming off the drink.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Melissa looks up at the large bearded man looking down at her. So much for warding off the playboys, she thought, that was until she caught the scent of the drink the waitress handed to her.

"Thank you" Melissa says to the waitress, smiling as she looks up at the man and gives him a friendly nod. She presses the glass to her lips and felt a hint of euphoria as it went down.

Getting out of her seat, Melissa makes her way up to the balcony to the table the man is sitting at. Once she walks up to him she says, "Thank you for the drink, I'm not exactly familiar with the club scene and feel a little out of my element. Is this seat taken Mr....?"
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:24 pm

Raven stands as she approaches and smiles as she speaks. He knows she can't tell how strong his beast is and thats just the way he likes it. She speaks about the club scene and not liking it, then she asks and he responds.

"Mr. Masters, and isn't a club the best place for the modern predator to hunt for modern prey?"

He motions to the crowd beneath...

"Isnt that what they are doing in thier own way?"

He smiles and waits to see what she does as he offers her the seat while he takes his.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 pm

"Mr. Masters, and isn't a club the best place for the modern predator to hunt for modern prey?" "Isnt that what they are doing in thier own way?"

Melissa smiles and says, "Mr. Masters, nice to meet you. My name is Dr. Watkins." she says taking a seat and extending her hand, "Perhaps you're right in this being the best place" she says, "I guess when I say out of my element I'm in reference to hearing 'Poker Face' on the stereo. However, my business here was not in looking for prey if that was what it seemed, but I won't say that I wasn't happy to indulge in what you bought me. I just hope I'm not interrupting you're own hunt."
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Smiling as she asks about his needs he waves his hand and looks back over the crowd.

"I was asked to look over tonight by somebody whom I owe my alligence to and has enough sway to make peoples lives an unbarable one if so needed. Which brings me to this....Your new I have never Felt you before, how long you been here? staying? Have you any family or friends that you would wish to know about?"

Raven loved this game at times and tonight it seemed to be the most exciting that that might happen to him.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:23 pm

She grinned when he mentioned bearing allegiance to someone who could make lives unbearable. It was so nice to be right sometimes.

"I've only been here for one night so far as I just moved in. The reason I'm here tonight was to look for someone who could introduce me to the appropriate person to bear allegiance to, as I know it is the custom in this city as it was in my previous city." she says, "As to any family. I don't know specifically of any friends to look for, but I have many sisters back home and if there were any here as well I'd be interested in meeting them. Is there a way the one you bear allegiance to can help me with that?"
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 am

Raven wondered if she really did not know her family or did not understand what he was talking about. As to introductions that could be arranged easy enough.

"If you like Dragons I know the person, or if you like the Cross I know the person to make FRIENDS with. The others I don't pay much heed too. Now as to the main dog that can be done as well. So are you telling me you don't know your Family? Have you been hit in the head? Are you missing other things as well?"

Raven like this job alot.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:39 am

Hit in the head? Melissa wondered. Apparently he didn't understand what she was talking about. Still, at the mention of Dragons and Cross, she figured he had to know at least one nickname for her family as well, just not the one she was used to.

"I suppose we can start with the main dog as you say first and then go from there. I'm sorry for not being clear before, I know my family well. When I say sisters, I suppose I mean Acolytes, which I know is a more well known term amongst others. Past that, the only other thing I'm missing is employment which I was seeking to remedy after speaking with the person in charge of things here."
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Raven listened to her for a bit and was starting to wonder where she had come from that she did not understand what he ment by Family and Friends, but then he heard her last statement about employment that took guts to want a position on your first night but hey some worked that way. Raven then started to speak again.

"Acolytes would be your friends not family...my family is know for its Savagery if you get me. So your looking for the big man to give you a job on your first night thats takes some gumption. So since I will be introducting you what is it your looking for, I can tell you if that is even possible here so you don't feel a fool infront of them on your first night."

Raven waived a waitress over and paid his tab then stood.

"Shall we? your car or mine?"
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Melissa held her tongue as she listened to him explain family and friends. She generally saw things as less black and white and more of a grey area, but then again, her sire warned her of her naivete having consequences like now. At the mention of Savagery, she felt a bit on edge, his size was intimidating enough, but knowing that his ties lay within the wilder side.

"I get you." she said, "In that case, my family is known for it's secrecy and remaining hidden in the Shadows. Although I admittedly have done a poor job so far tonight. In terms of a position, I was looking towards a more academic role with a university around here. But if there is anything I can do for the person in charge here I'd be more than happy to offer my services to him. I'm very good at seeking the truth, which in some ways was what brought me here tonight after reading what happened several weeks earlier. But we can discuss that at another time. I'll follow your lead if you don't mind." she said, putting some money in for tip as well as she got out of her seat.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Raven looked her up and down as she spoke about a job with a univeristy this pegged his intrest. Once on the street he turns.

"Where is your car?"

Once she motions they began to walk in that direction.

"Tell me about this wanting to work at a school, you do know that could be very dangerous for the Masquerade correct? I have never heard of one of us keeping a job, maybe owning something that others work at and reap the benifits but not actully being a worker...I mean how do you explain your lack of all the proper credentails and the like?"

Raven wondered what she was driving and if they were getting close yet.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:09 pm

As she gets closer to her car she points and says, "There's my car." pointing to the red cavalier.

"I apologize again Mr. Masters" she prefaces, "This is the first city I'm new to since my embrace and I'm overlooking the fact that I am a stranger in your eyes when I speak nonchalantly like this. I do understand the risks of working at a school and would never consider it if I knew it would truly jeopardize exposing our world. If I were to search for something, and this is still hypothetical as I haven't actually looked for one yet, it would be in a position where I would only need to be there one night a week. With Psychologists, many of them only get hired into a university to do research and are left to their own business. Most faculty don't even learn the names of each other half the time so it is easy to remain hidden in this setting. Still, if it would please you and the powers that be, I can find a different alternatives that would better uphold the Masquerade."
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Raven just shook his head at her explanation, wasn't his place in the end.

"Would you mind driving me to my car so we can get on track?"

Raven pulled out his phone and sent off a quick message.......a few moments later a response came accross. Looking to her he nods.

"Appointment arranged."
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Melissa just nodded and said, "Certainly" as she unlocked the doors to his car. She could tell from his body language she had said nothing to assuage his unease. Still, it was better now than before presenting herself and she knew she was going to have to be extra careful in front of him.

As she got in the car she started the engine and asked, "Where are you parked?"
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Raven directed her to the lot under I-4 he got out and into his large Escalde then he drove her to the Science Center. After parking the two started walking for the doors. Looking around he saw nobody out of the ordinary and began to speak a little less guuarded.

"Ok the Guards at night are Ghouls of the Dragons and have the ability to sense us, the Princes rule is that even the grounds of this area are Elysium so no abilites to cloud the sense save for those that need to hide thier true appearance."

As they got to the door the pair could feel the two weeker beasts infront of them one of them swiped his security card and let the pair in nodding to them. Once inside Raven led her to the room where the Laser show was played.

"Somebody will come and get you when the Prince is ready, it was a pleasure meeting you."

Raven went inside and left her to her thoughts.

Continue here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-opening night in downtown Orlando   Re-opening night in downtown Orlando I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-opening night in downtown Orlando
Page 1 of 1