Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire: The Requiem RPG PBP based in Central Florida.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skarecrow36

Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier Empty
PostSubject: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Melissa drove to the pier while still thinking about what decisions lay before her in regards to the circle. What was the point in moving to Florida if she couldn’t enjoy the scenery it had to offer?

After parking her car she walked slowly, gazing at the shops and restaurants as couples held hands. Perhaps if nothing else, she’d be able to feed. She contemplated searching the internet for alleged “cult” gatherings being shut down by the police in the area and beginning her search there for other sisters. It wasn’t much of a lead, but it was somewhere to go, although she dreaded spending hours doing a search that would probably lead to a bunch of foolish Goth mortals using a OUIJA board.

She continued walking until she noticed a young woman standing alone between two shop. Melissa guessed her to be barely 18. She wore a black skirt and black heels and she had on a black coat. With the way she had her makeup done, Melissa had an idea to what she was doing here but she still didn’t want to believe it. She was much too young to solicit herself like that and even if she was, what was she thinking choosing this as a location? What if a police officer saw her?

Sure enough, she watched as the girl approach a middle aged man in a Hawaiian t-shirt. She smiled as she stepped closer to whisper in his ear. Immediately, the man twisted his face in his disgust and quickly walked away from her. Melissa pressed her hand against her face and shook her head. If this girl wasn’t careful she was going to get hurt by someone, that was if she didn’t already have a boss who hurt her already. Still Melissa didn’t want to make any rash judgments.

Soon, she saw a bigger man walking towards the girl. Heightening her senses, Melissa kept her eyes to the ground as she tried to listen to the exchange that was about to happen.

"Hi my name's Betsy"
Melissa heard her say, in a tone that made her cringe, as it seemed as if her suspicion of this girls intentions were accurate. Sometimes she hated being right.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:59 pm

~~NARRATION~~

The man walked away briskly saying something under his breat about the econmy. Betsy continued to move through the crowd attempting to get people to notice her.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:11 am

Melissa was a little relieved when she saw the man ignore Betsy's approach. She got frustrated when she saw she was moving to find other "clientele". Lowering her senses, Melissa tried to follow Betsy through the crowd of people, she hoped if she was fast enough, she could spot someone suspicious and distract them before Betsy could get their attention.

Despite her efforts, Melissa briefly lost Betsy in the crowd and when she found her again, she was walking with a man in a business suit in his 30s, they looked like they were trying to find a more private spot. Slowly, Melissa tried getting closer to follow them.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:20 am

~~NARRATION~~

As she gets closer to the pair she see them find a dark corner between two shops. Getting any closer might draw attention to Melissa.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:11 pm

As Melissa gets a better look at what iss going on, she notices Betsy on her knees but it doesn't seem like anything else is going on...yet.

Trying to think of a way to startle the man and get him to leave, Melissa looks for a trash can nearby to tip over, only to find they are held tight by two by fours. Realizing that startling them may risk the girl's safety, Melissa decides to wait it out and see what the man does after he's finished, keeping her focus more on him rather than Betsy, which is really better for Melissa as she doesn't want to watch Betsy in her subordinate position.

As she waits for events to unfold, Melissa realizes it's impossible to save Betsy from her lifestyle tonight, but perhaps she can at least start by following her after she leaves the pier, perhaps finding out whether or not the girl is working alone or for someone.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 pm

~~NARRATION~~

After twenty minutes the two walk out from thier secluded alcove. Then man looks pensive and it almost looks as if Betsy pats his arm in reassurance. They split up and she moves back into the crowd while the man seems to head for the end where the parking lot is.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Melissa almost loses track of the girl when she sees the man walk off in a separate direction from Betsy. Melissa watches Betsy move back into the crowd and tries pursuing her again. It's obvious to her this isn't working, she could choose to keep a watchful eye on the girl and play hide and go seek all night but then she'd be useless to the girl.

She would have preferred to stay in the shadows, but perhaps just once a timely warning would do for now. She tries walking faster as if to pass by Betsy and when she gets next to her she whispers, "You should be careful in choosing locations when going about your business, lest you want an authority to spot you like I did." she tries not to sound threatening so as to scare her off.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:14 pm

~~NARRATION~~

The suddeness of her movement catches Melissa slightly off guard. She grabs her arm and squeezes right behind the elbow, if Melissa were still alive the nerve being pinched would have had her buckled as for now it was only mildly annoying.

"Mind your own buisness Bitch."

She let go and turned and tried to lose her through the crowd.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Melissa quickly looks around to see if anyone noticed the exchange. She watches Betsy try to lose her in the crowd. She can help but raise her eyebrows as she didn't expect the girl to take an offensive approach to telling her to go away. Maybe she could handle herself on her own.

After making sure no one else noticed, Melissa continued trying to follow Betsy, while making sure not to be seen by her as this time she definitely didn't want her to know she was being followed.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:35 pm

~~NARRATION~~

Betsy continues to attempt and work guys until the bars close and she heads down to the bus stop with a few other people.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Melissa keeps herself hidden amongst the crowds when she waits for Betsy to finish with the johns. When she sees Betsy heading towards the bus stop she rushes to her car. She feels relieved that the girl is done for tonight and in some ways exhilarated by the chase.

She starts the car and drives towards the bus stop, hoping to beat the bus before it picks up Betsy and drives out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:07 pm

~~NARRATION~~

Melissa gets close enough to the bus stop to see that the bus is not thier yet. About eight minutes later the bus pulls up. When it drives away the stop is empty. Melissa follows as best she can without seeming to be 'Following' the bus. When she next see Betsy getting off the bus she is not in the residental area but is what would be considered a cross between the suburbs of Cocoa and the more Financial area.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 am

Melissa passes the bus to park nearby and kills her headlights with the car still on. She doesn't expect Betsy to get off this stop, it's not nearly as shady as she expected. She wonders if Betsy actually lives at home or not. Heightening her senses again, Melissa keeps a watchful eye on Betsy as she leaves the bus stop.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 am

~~NARRATION~~

As Betsy walks off the bus she glances around and moves off down the road quickly. As Melissa watches her walk and listens in on her she can tell her stride is purposeful and not stutterd at all. She moves down and takes a turn into a darker streatch of road.

(PM me a Wits + Comp)
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Melissa watches as Betsy gets to a door and opens it. She can't get a glimpse inside and then it slams shut. All she notices is a key card reader next to the door. Deciding not to draw suspicion, she leans in closer and examines the building to see if she can find a sign or any windows to peer inside.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:34 pm

~~NARRATION~~

As she looks aroundshe can only tell she is at the back entrance to some building, but nothing that would elude to what it is from this side.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:48 pm

When she cannot find anymore clues from the side of the building she is on, she decides to drive around the block to see if she can get a view from the front of the building. She's starting to wish Betsy did live at home with her parents as the structure of the building unsettles her as to why she would go in.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

~~NARRATION~~

As she comes around the front the first thing that strikes her is the presence of a police cruiser in the parking lot. When she finally sees the front of the building on the windows is written...

COCOA BEACH POLICE SUB STATION
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Melissa is stunned when she sees the sign. She begins to wonder what she's stumbled on and why on earth Beth has anything to do with it. She drives away from the police station deciding not to press further until she can do some further investigating into what she's up against.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier   Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questionable business at the Cocoa Beach Pier
Page 1 of 1