Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire: The Requiem RPG PBP based in Central Florida.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A prayer for the task at hand...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skarecrow36

A prayer for the task at hand... Empty
PostSubject: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am

Melissa finished unpacking her things in her haven. When she was finished, she got her small statue of Ishtar from her collection of goddesses she used to have in her office and set it on a small table that was low to the ground. Lighting two candles on either side of it, she knelt down in front of the statue and closed her eyes, speaking in a low whisper.

"I speak out to the Mother and the Goddess Ishtar. I thank the mother for granting me safe passage into the city and for connecting me with another sister. I also thank the Mother for presenting me with this new mortal girl. Whatever led her to her current situation, I will do my best to protect her from those that could do her harm as I know they are many, for she is also a child of the Mother and I will treat her as such. Please keep watch over us during these difficult times."

She bowed her head down and gave her full focus to the Mother and Goddess before her.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:11 am

~~NARRATION~~

As Melissa bows her head she feels something strange almost as if she is spiraling out of control.

The haze parts and Betsy is standing in a locker room in dress blues of an officer, starring into a mirror wipeing a tear from her eye. After a few minutes she moves out of the locker room and out onto a parade field where a mass group of people are all dressed the same. The Haze blurrs it all out again.

The Haze moves away again and reviels Betsy sitting in an office talking with some men, she seems adament where as the men seem to be concerned. She slams a folder down on the table and storms out of the room. The haze blurrs it all out again.

The haze parts to show Betsy dressed a little more like a street worker, having men approach her, then flashing lights as other officers pull up on them.

When Melissa wakes up she finds that she is missing clothing and finds three articles of clothing on her path back to her alter.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:34 am

Melissa is stunned at first, still trying to think back to the visions she just had. She examines the clothes on the ground to see if they belong to hers or someone else and she is careful not to touch them in case they aren't. As she is bent over looking at them, she stops again to look at her door to see if anyone has tried to break in.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 am

~~NARRATION~~

She realizes that the clothing are articles of what she was wearing before she started her prayer. No signs of attempted entry, and her home is as it was before the Goddess granted her vision.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Upon realizing that everything is okay...at least on the surface, Melissa first bows her head to the alter and says, "Thank you so much"

She then dresses herself again and logs onto her laptop again. She tries connecting the first two visions in her head. The uniform and the parade on the field and then her storming out of the the office. Of the many things that concern her, the first thing she wonders is the contents of the folder and what seems to be a miscommunicaation between Betsy and the men in the office with her. Accusation of misconduct? Refusal to believe something that Betsy bared witness/experienced to?

Going back to the vision of the field, she recalls the uniform Betsy was dressed in. She opens two separate google search pages and in the first one she types, "ROTC programs central florida" and in the other she types, "Military parade central florida cocoa beach area" It's a longshot, but she figures it's worth a try. She hopes the police car in her vision was Cocoa Beach, considering Betsy walked into the back door of their headquarters, which clues her into thinking that Betsy may be local to the Central Florida area. She clicks search on both pages and waits on pins and needles.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 pm

~~NARRATION~~

As the computer crunches the information the two windows open about the same time.

ROTC programs in Central Florida, Thier are numerous High School JrROTC programs, FIT offers a Army ROTC, Program out of Melbourne, UCF offers a Army ROTC, Program out of Orlando.

The closest Military parade field is on Patrick Air Base, on the Barrier Island of Brevard County.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Melissa frowns, she was hoping that the search would be small but she isn't surprised.

In the second window and types "parade patrick air base" and searches the images page. She begins clicking on thumbnails, hoping to find one that contains an image of Betsy.

In the other window, she searches for the web pages for the ROTC page out of Melbourne and the program out of Orlando to take down their contact information. Just in case, she also takes down the contact info for UCF and FIT. When she finishes she does another search trying to find which ROTC programs use the Patrick Air Base for parades.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 am

Upon searching the Patrick Air Base website, Melissa can't find any pictures that contain Betsy's face. Another thing she notices is that the uniforms in the air base do not match the ones from the vision she saw.

After writing down the contact information for all the schools, she starts searching through the web pages of each school in hopes of finding pictures of uniforms that match the ones Betsy was wearing.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Much to her frustration, none of the uniforms on the military websites match the one in her vision. However, upon looking at the Florida Today web page, she sees one photo of a line of color guards. She notices that one line's uniforms match the ones in her vision. Upon looking at the caption, she notices it matches with the Cocoa Beach Police Department.

What on earth is the relationship between Betsy and the CBPD? Is she still with them? Is she living a double life?

She tries examining if the picture was at a special event or anything. Part of her knows it will probably be a dead end, but she wants to check and see anyway, if it was a special event perhaps Betsy was at one the year before.

Eventually she knows the internet is going to run dry of information for her. Eventually she'll have to go out again and unfortunately for her, it seems like all signs are pointing to the substation in Cocoa Beach.
Back to top Go down
Umbralwolf

Umbralwolf

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:54 pm

~~NARRATION~~

Finding more information she sees that it seems to be a Memorial Day clebration. Nothing else seems to give any other information.
Back to top Go down
skarecrow36

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:17 pm

"Well Betsy." Melissa says, "I don't know what you're involved in but you would have certainly raised some eyebrows with a lot of psychologists I know."

She saves the picture of the CBPD color guards to her laptop and then goes back to the main news page for Florida. She is stunned a second time when she reads the report of the bodies stacked on the beach. How was the Prince going to clean this up? It was all sobering to her. She realized that whether or not she was going to pursue Betsy, she needed to be extra careful either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A prayer for the task at hand...   A prayer for the task at hand... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A prayer for the task at hand...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Requiem :: Central Florida Requiem :: Through Kindred Eyes-
Jump to: